NAS Masterclass on Autism - self harm and self-injury
Please note - this date is now fully booked.
If you would like to be added to our cancellation waiting list - please send your contact details to email@example.com.
This Masterclass will be delivered by Dr Khalid Karim, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and Sarah Baines, Specialist Nurse for ASD.
This Masterclass will explore self-harm and self-injury in autistic individuals.
- To explore what is meant by the terms self-harm and self-injury
- Examine the underlying reasons why these behaviours may be occurring
- Reflect on how these actions can affect those working and living with these people
- Look at strategies which may be useful in helping with self-harming and self-injury
- Thinking about what other resources may be available
The content of the session will be applicable to those working with autistic children or adults.