2019 Community Picnic Vendor Agreement
Rules and Policies
- Vendors must register with the Event Coordinator upon arrival and provide a cell phone number for emergency contact. During set-up time, vendors may reach a member of the Special Events Committee at (413) 822-0328.
- Set-up times: From Noon-3:00 PM on the day of event
- Food vendors must be prepared for Board of Health & Fire Safety inspections by 4:00pm
- In the event of inclement weather, a decision will be made no later than 12:00 pm on Friday, June 28. Vendors will be notified via email.
- All food vendors (considered as a “Food Establishment”) must file a temporary food permit application with the board of health. Applications for temporary food permits must be submitted to the BOH IMMEDIATELY. Their normal turnaround time is 30 days but they will expedite your application if received May 31. Click HERE to download an application from the Board of Health.
A “Food establishment” includes:
a. An element of the operation such as a transportation vehicle or a central preparation facility that supplies a vending location or satellite feeding location unless the vending or feeding location is PERMITTED by the REGULATORY AUTHORITY; and
b. An operation that is conducted in a mobile, stationary, temporary, or permanent facility or location: where consumption is on or off the PREMISES; and regardless of whether there is a charge for the food.
- The Special Events Committee will not allow any moving of exhibits or food vendors after the opening of the event until the fireworks are over.
- All food/refreshment vendors are expected to remain open and continue selling their proposed items until at least the start of the fireworks display
- Booths must be manned at all times during the event prior to the fireworks display.
- Entertainers or performers that are scheduled for specific times may be excluded from this regulation.
- All exhibits and equipment (food & non-food) must be removed from the site at the end of the evening unless a specific request has been made to and approved by the Committee.
- No refunds will be given if cancellation by the vendor is made after June 25, 2019. If cancellation is made prior to June 26, you will receive a refund minus a $10 processing fee.
- The vendor shall not assign or sublet any part of the space without written consent of the Special Events Committee. Only the name of the exhibitor/vendor may be used on signs over or in the space.
- Booths and displays will be permitted providing they comply with all general rules of the Committee. Plans for special work/displays must be submitted to the Committee for prior approval. All displays must be self-supporting and attractive. All tents should have proof that they meet flammability requirements (CPAI-84 or NFPA 701). Most pop-up tents have a tag attached or it will state this on the bag. Tents must also be secured with stakes (not to exceed 8") or sand bags (preferred over stakes). All participants should be cognizant about the forecast and bring sand bags for tents if the weather calls for high wind.
- The committee will provide trash containers and trash bags at the site.
- Vendors are responsible for emptying their own garbage from their assigned containers and inserting clean trash bags whenever their containers are full. The Event Committee will supply appropriate dumpsters to use.
- Vendors must keep their exhibit in clean and good order.
- The cleaning of the grounds and emptying of trash in the general event area will be the responsibility of the Committee.
- All vendors are required to leave their assigned location free of all trash and debris upon departure. Vendors should consider bringing additional lighting/flashlights for clean-up and breakdown at the end of the night.
- The Committee, under the direction of the Selectmen, shall have full power to interpret and/or amend these rules and regulations, which in its discretion shall be in the best interest of the event. The decision of the Committee must be accepted as final in any dispute or any situation not covered by these rules and regulations.
- All exhibitors and vendors must comply with all local laws, rules, regulations and ordinances in force and receive prior written authorization from the Special Events Committee for any fund-raising activities.
- As per school regulations, no pets, smoking or alcohol are allowed on school property.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO THE "FEES" PAGE