This fast-paced introductory workshop will prepare you with the basic skills needed to get started building courses in Canvas, and presents ways to integrate innovative learning technologies into your courses. It is highly recommended that this course is taken prior to taking Managing Courses in Canvas.
At the end of this two and a half hour, face-to-face session, you will know how to:
- Navigate your Canvas Course.
- Setup Grades using the Assignment Index Page.
- Organize modules and add course content.
- Upload your course syllabus
- Use the HTML Editor to create accessible course content.
- Setup your course Home Page.
- Access and understand the Manage Files storage.
- Embed videos as content.
Following the workshop, schedule a consultation with a Distance Learning and Instructional Technology staff member for further support in the use of Canvas to engage learners.
Needing to complete training to teach Online and/or Hybrid courses at UNT Dallas?
Option 1: Complete the two face-to-face workshops titled Building Courses in Canvas and Managing Courses in Canvas.
Option 2: Complete the online, ten-week, Canvas Online Instructor Training course.