Plant the Pavement! 2012
In late 2011, Inter-Faith Food Shuttle and Longview School partnered to become the newest Regional Outreach Training Center (ROTC) for Growing Power, an internationally recognized urban agriculture organization started by MacArthur Genius Award winner Will Allen.
This year, we are excited to announce registration for our first annual Plant the Pavement! Community Workshop, a collaborative effort to bring Growing Power’s innovative model of food production and community empowerment to North Carolina.
Plant the Pavement! 2012 Community Workshop
- WHAT is it? Plant the Pavement! is a two-day weekend workshop modeled after Growing Power’s From the Ground Up series. Half-day break-out sessions will be taught by Will Allen and other educators from Growing Power and will include hoop house construction, compost/vermiculture, aquaponics, and the year-round production of microgreens. Each participant can choose up to 2 sessions, or concentrate on one topic for the entire weekend. Continental breakfast and a locally-sourced hot lunch will be provided both days.
- WHEN is it? The workshop will take place the weekend of November 10 & 11, 2012. Sessions will run from 8:30am to 5pm on both Saturday and Sunday.
- WHERE is it? The workshop will be hosted at Inter-Faith Food Shuttle’s new Urban Ag Training Center at 500 Hoke St. in Southeast Raleigh.
- WHO is invited? This community workshop is open to anyone who is interested in learning more about the sustainable production of healthy food, whether on a home, business, or community scale. No previous experience with agriculture is necessary.
- How much does it COST? Early-bird registration is $145 for the weekend, and will be available until October 1, after which the cost of an adult registration is $185. Student registration is $125. Work trades and scholarships are available to those with financial need. We are happy to provide registration documents in Spanish and live interpretation during the event will also be available.
Contact Shosha Capps at (919) 322-8878 or email@example.com for more information, to apply for a scholarship or worktrade, or to request paper registration documents in English or Spanish.